Guidelines for Obtaining Funding from JCF
I. Criteria for Eligibility
A. In accordance with the by-laws of the Jacksonville Children’s Foundation, funds will be given only to not-for-profit organizations devoted to promoting the physical, mental and moral welfare of the Jacksonville, Illinois community.
B. According to the by-laws of the Jacksonville Children’s Foundation, the Foundation may provide initial, but generally not sustaining funding.
C. Projects for funding may include health, training, education, sports, fine arts, counseling, child care or economic assistance.
D. Requests for funding should:
1. Be for new projects or programs taking a new direction
2. Come from organizations serving children in the immediate Jacksonville area
3. Come from organizations serving children under 19 years of age.
4. Come from organizations serving children without racial or sectarian discrimination
5. Be to provide services, facilities, and assistance not furnished by existing organizations and agencies. Funds shall be used to supplement, but not in lieu of the services, facilities, and assistance provided by other sources.
II. Format for Proposal
A. If submitting a handwritten proposal then nine copies of the grant proposal
MUST be submitted to the President or Secretary of the Board of Directors at least ten (10) days preceding the scheduled Annual Board Meeting in order to be considered by the Board.
B. The proposal should include:
- Completed Grant Proposal Summary form
- Itemized grant request with priority items marked
3. Attachments for your grant proposal, including pricing, product descriptions, and photos, can be submitted by email to email@example.com
C. One copy of the following must be submitted or on file with JCF:
- Purpose and background of the organization
- Copy of constitution or charter
- Evidence of incorporation
- Evidence of tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code
D. Oral presentation to the Board of Directors is required in order for the proposal to be considered. It should be brief and to the point. The suggested time is five minutes, with additional time for answering questions from the Board.
III. Expenditure of Funds
- All funds must be spent prior to the next annual meeting of the Foundation (Typically held the third Monday in October – See calendar of events for official posting)
- All unspent funds shall be returned to the Foundation unless a written request is received ten (10) days prior to the Annual meeting. Approval will be determined at the annual meeting.
IV. Final Report
- Prior to the next annual JCF meeting, organizations receiving funding must provide a written account of how the funds were used. The report must include copies of paid invoices showing expenditures. This documentation should be submitted to the President or Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Foundation at least ten days prior to the annual meeting.
- Failure to provide a written account for the final report may disqualify the organization from future grant consideration.
C. Any change in expenditure from the original purpose for which the grant was awarded requires a written contact with the Board of Directors for prior approval.